GET THE WORD OUT
PR on the Go!
Whether you’re a sole proprietor, a non-profit organization, or a for-profit company, most businesses need PR occasionally or regularly to announce latest events and get media coverage.
With experience getting stories placed in local and national publications as well as television, Melanie Rubin is available as your PR Director On the Go!
Melanie Rubin was incredible to work with and was able to place major articles in the two biggest Albuquerque newspapers the week of 2017 Indigenous Comic Con. This exposure absolutely helped increase the number of local people joining us for our Convention and highlighted the work of specific New Mexican Native artists, which was also good for their business. Melanie was able to get to the heart of what was important in her interviews with myself and one of our artists. She crafted and distributed a succinct and dynamic press release with photos to make it easy for the media to generate interesting stories on our work. She also facilitated communications with reporters, which saved me time during the busy weeks leading up to the conference. Finally, she ensured that each media piece would be unique, which was better for the papers. I recommend her public relations and writing services.
PR Services include:
- developing a public relations plan and calendar for your organization
- writing and submitting press releases at the correct times to appropriate media
- managing your social media campaigns
- writing newsletters, website updates, marketing brochures, fundraising appeal letters, eblasts, articles, and annual campaigns
- coordinating PR events.
Here are some examples of Melanie’s PR and Outreach Work, including articles written for specific publications:
- Article in The Albuquerque Journal, “Native and Nerdy “
- Article in The Albuquerque Journal, “Drawn to Success“
- Article in The Alibi, “Indigenous Comic Con Round Two“
- Article in the Orlando Sentinel, “Groups band together to mitigate Orlando’s anxiety, trauma“
- Story placed in Dr. Oz’s The Good Life Magazine about an acupuncturist working in India for an article about doctors providing service around the world, “Your Doctor, Our Hero“
- Story placed in The Albuquerque Journal about a book Melanie co-wrote on the subject of Home Farming, “Vine & Dine“
- Story placed in The Alibi in Albuquerque about a book Melanie wrote about dating, and comedy/magic shows she co-performed based on the book, “Whatever We Want, We Want It Now.“
- Story placed in The Albuquerque Journal about an art show and opening, “Photographer Captures ‘Fleeting Moments’“
- Wind Breaks for Home and Garden, Edible Santa Fe, Spring 2012, pages 46 – 47,
- What a Good Coach will Do for You, Massage Magazine
- Trauma Therapy Techniques, Massage Magazine
- Disaster Relief in Joplin, MO, Acupuncture Today
Melanie’s press release work and follow-up resulted in an important article and front-page mention in the Orlando Sentinel, which helped us get local involvement in our Orlando program. Her facilitation led to one of our volunteers receiving major coverage in a Dr. Oz Good Health Magazine article. She has also written and co-authored numerous successful articles for us for various publications, as well as many effective outreach pieces. I highly recommend her services.